Integration & Assembly Careers
When you work with KIMASTLE, there’s simply nothing like it. No two days are the same, and you get to be on the front lines of innovative robotics technology, automation integration, and engineering and assembly solutions. Businesses count on KIMASTLE to set their ideas in motion, and you can take pride in getting the ball rolling.
Our company culture values team members’ expertise and ideas, and our supportive, energetic, and fun workplace is a place you will want to go.
As for our excellent pay and benefits? Well, that’s just the icing on the cake.
Do you think you would be a perfect fit for KIMASTLE? Check out our job openings below!
Design & Engineering
This position is ideal for young engineers seeking a solid career in the automotive engineering industry. Whether you are a recent graduate or nearing graduation, Kimastle offers a strong foundation to learn from some of the most experienced engineering and design teams in the area.
We are a leading tooling supplier in the automotive industry located in the Detroit metropolitan area where we have been providing secondary tooling and automated solutions for over 30 years.
Candidate should have some familiarity in the following areas, through experience, training and/or education:
- Experience in conceptualizing designs from scratch
- Capable of designing product from sketches or verbal line-up
- GD&T to designs
- Must possess High School diploma/GED
- College courses/degree preferred
- Must be a U.S. citizen (due to potential government contracts)
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Possess interpersonal skills and work well with other team members
- Proficient in Inventor or Solid Works
CNC WATERJET OPERATOR
- Waterjet machine operations associated with quantity production of identical units
- Program and operate a CNC Waterjet per drawings and specifications
- Start, stop, load, and feed the machine, and monitor machines operation
- Monitor production to ensure consistent quality while performing verifications and inspections of both the product and machine
- Ensure the equipment is in top operation performance and alert supervisor of repairs when needed
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Complete the proper transactions for each job
- Meet or exceed customer’s specifications as outlined on the job order
- Make sure the job and materials are of good quality
- Any other general machine operation tasks or responsibilities assigned by his or her supervisors
- Proven experience as CNC waterjet operation (Minimum of 2 years’ experience)
- Experience in using CNC Machines
- Ability to read blueprints and GD&T
- Mechanically inclined
- Capable of using an overhead crane
- Experience with driving a forklift
- Willing to work overtime
- Possesses own basic tools
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent attendance
- Safe work habits
Machinists at Kimastle need to possess manual dexterity and an eye for detail. They must also have knowledge of job-specific mathematics and mechanics as well as respect for safety precautions.
The goal is to ensure effective production operations and optimize procedures.
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Select appropriate machines and position or load material for a job
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages
- Proven experience as Machinist. (3-5 years’ experience)
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines. (Manual Bridgeport’s, Fadal CNC’s to be specific)
- Ability to work well with others and preform assigned tasks
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Good at math with analytical abilities
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset
WELDER – MIG & TIG
- Produce quality welds according to blueprints (weld symbols)
- Inspect welds for accuracy
- Prepare product to be welded by grinding, drilling, milling, tapping and cutting steel/aluminum parts
- Change wire, welding, as needed
- Change gas tanks, as needed
- Follow all quality and safety protocols
- Prefer at least 1-3 years of experience working with mig and tig welding
- Good job-specific mathematical ability and the ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to operate precision measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, protractors, and tape measures
- Must possess High School diploma/GED
- Possess valid driver’s license.
- Plans machining by following work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, and specifications.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math and proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces, adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment
- 3-5 years experience
- Comply with manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications using hand-tools and power tools
- May diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in machine building
- Valid driver’s license for some travel to customer facilities
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of Bridgeport, Lathe, and Drill Press desirable
- Competitive benefits package available.
VISION APPLICATIONS ENGINEER
KIMASTLE Corporation is currently seeking candidates for the position of Vision Applications Engineer for our Chesterfield, MI facility. Applicants must have relevant experience in machine vision or electrical controls environments with respect to design, engineering and field start-up. The successful candidate will report to the Controls Manager.
- Machine vision programming
- Optical designs
- Design logic
- Camera logic
- PLC logic preferred
- Optics knowledge
- Cognex In-Sight spreadsheet programming
- PLC logic
- 2-5 years of industry experience
- Generating and documenting vision feasibility studies both in the lab and in the field
- System Architecture including investigating new approaches to vision related problems
- Reviewing general specifications and scope of work
- Design requirements that include: establishing optical designs, generating system mechanical layouts, generating sequence of operations, and camera logic
- Material responsibilities include: advance material order, specifying vision material, specifying panel material, and writing material BOM’s
- Assisting in installations and debugs
- Launch and Standby support
- Develop AsBuilts documentation
- Complete system documentation
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Travel Requirements: 25% travel minimum, domestic & international opportunities
- Authorization to work lawfully in the U.S. without sponsorship from Kimastle is required
MACHINE TOOL ELECTRICIAN
Individuals must be mature, reliable, hardworking, and have 3-5 years of experience in the electrical trade. Candidates must also have a high level of attention for detail.
- 3-5 years of experience – electrician knowledge & skills
- Must possess High School diploma/GED
- Able to read electrical drawings, field wire machines, and troubleshoot wiring issues. Most of the work is with Allan Bradley or similar hardware, with low voltage applications.
- Must display excellent attendance
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Ability to work in team environments
- Goal orientated
- Full Coverage Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance & Short-Term Disability Insurance through AFLAC or Mutual of Omaha
- 401K Match
- Paid Time Off
- Learn More
"*" indicates required fields